Friday, April 20, 2007

Slogging? You Betcha!

I recently joined Mason-Dixon's Slog-A-Long and if you've got that project that you're "just trying to get through" or it's "killing me a little bit with every stitch," then this is the place to find solace and comfort that you are not the only one who slogs, but that there are people who find enthusiasm in that Long-Haul project. :D

I am slogging on these size double zero needles and Socks That Rock mediumweight in the colourway Covelite. They are so purdy. I had them done, but discovered that in my Design It Yourself Way I had forgotten to note how frequently I increased and ended up with 10 extra stitches which contributed to a drastically different feel and fit. One that did not please me. RRRRIP! Out came the ends, undo the short little seam, and then unravel a good four inches of knitting. Basically, everything I'd done that day. But that's the beauty of it. Now I can fix it and do it right.


I'm also slogging on a brown-sweater for my friend Shawnathan. He has been patiently waiting since NOVEMBER. I feel guilty, because he paid for the yarn (mostly.) I am never allowing somebody to pay me to make them a sweater ever again. It's too much pressure, and it's too much guilt. I will make sweaters for people how and when I like.

Some brief shop news. I will be writing up some crochet patterns, including a variation on the triangular Silk Garden shawl you see in the shop now. The triangular version will be free with the purchase of yarn, while the variant will be available for purchase. They both take 4 balls of Noro Silk Garden. I will be bringing in the variant sample on Saturday, so ya'll can see it starting Sunday.

That reminds me! We will be closed this Saturday (i.e. Tomorrow) because we are doing another inventory. We're going to be trying to do these about every 6 months in the future, but we really needed to do this one going into the summer season so that we have a better idea of what to order and what maybe we ought not re-order.

I was reading a blog post written by Laurie of Crazy Aunt Purl today wherein she talks about her inability to comprehend the shootings that have taken place recently and all the other events which are connected to the deaths of the people at Virgina Tech. I share this sentiment with her, and like her I will not be writing a great deal on it just because I cannot encompass it in my head. I cannot possibly articulate myself. I feel a deep regret and sadness for the loss of the students' families, friends and colleagues.

No comments: